Friday, October 29, 2010

Quilt, gifts

http://www.threecreativestudios.com/ has challenges. This is my interpretation of the latest quilt challenge "Music". Blogger loaded it sideways-sorry, but we don't seem to have any control over that. I tried it again with no luck.
The flowers are parts of a napkin fused to cotton. The background is foiled by using torn bits of fusible web.

The music score is actually paper I overprinted using the gelatin print method. It's machine quilted.

At quilt group a good friend gave me a surprise-a yard of her beautiful hand dye, a fat quarter that looks botanical, and the "marshmallows". The marshmallows are foamy things that can be heated then pressed into a texture to make a rubber stamp. She said they are in the childrens' section of the craft store.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Fabulous!

Cassie said...

That fabric is beautiful - and I'm going to Michael's Craft Store this weekend to find those foamy thing!

Gina said...

I must have missed your post over at threestudios. Glad I found it here. This is great and I like all the different materials and techniques you used.