Friday, January 15, 2010

Challenge

Look who came to visit yesterday. They never seem to be afraid of us and come quite close to the house. They also know just where the dog can get and are outside the fence.I'm a member of http://fiberactions.blogspot.com/ and today is the day we reveal our quilts. They are to be 16" by 20" portrait orientation, and the first word challenge was Initiative. Here is a detail of my piece. It is done on dark blue wool with the rattail couched with a decorative thread. Then that thread was couched on each side to echo the cord. Finally, I put many, many beads around it to form an I. You can see the entire piece on the blog.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Beautiful needlework.
Love the deer too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...what needlework and after looking that the entire piece, I'm so impressed by all that beading! It's lovely!

Anonymous said...

great shot of the deer and your initiative piece is awesome.