Friday, December 4, 2009

Crazy Quilt

For a change of pace, this is a purse I just finished. One of the first jobs I had in fiber was making people's needlepoint into a useable object. There was a petit point piece done in roses that I attached to a purse frame. The work was exquisite; the frame also had roses. That started me on the trail of finding purse frames and collecting purses when I could afford them. While in California, I often went to one store owned by a special lady. She gave me this frame. We have been back in the NW for 13 years, but I finally did something with it.The lace was white, so I painted it to blend into the piece better. It is hand embroidery and beading. I always have a crazy quilt project going with a block, threads, needles, and a scissors in a bag for grabbing when I need to go somewhere.

Remember on Monday I will draw a name for the postcards. Thanks to everyone who commented.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandy this bag is beautiful, I love it!

Gina said...

What a gorgeous bag Sandy!