Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Class, Postcard


In the class I'm taking from Susan Sorrell at http://www.joggles.com/, one of the inspiration sources was fungi. Several years ago I took a photo of some mushrooms on the road. In Microsoft Picture It, I used the negative function to get my colors-blues and violets. I printed it on treated fabric which is the above photo. This is the stitched version. The piece had sat in the studio for several years, because I didn't know what to do with it. Now I'm happy.

My postcard for the exchange with Calendar Girls 2008 came yesterday from Doreen http://doreeng.blogspot.com It is so rich. I'm so happy with it. She did a great job interpreting the calendar photo.


3 comments:

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

The mushrooms turned out incredible. Like both the negative and your stitched version.

Do you like Picture It? I bought Photoshop yesterday and am excited to learn how to use it. I'm guessing it is similar.

Sue B said...

Sandy those mushrooms are gorgeous! love that color scheme. The quiltie in the previous post is pretty fabulous too.

maggi said...

The mushrooms look fantastic - the stitching is so simple yet so effective.