Monday, July 14, 2008

Bead Journal Project



Here is what I have done with the monthly postcards I did while taking part in the Bead Journal Project http://beadjournalproject.blogspot.com/. Because I've had things stolen in galleries, I decided that the postcards were too easy to pick up and needed to be made into something. An accordian fold book seemed the answer. Working out the method was a challenge. Above is one side; below is the other.

The edges of each postcard were hand stitched to the back, then each was hand stitched to its section of the wool background. Some seemed to need an edging, so the cord was applied next. Then I placed the 2 sides wrong sides together and turned the edges of the wool in, stitching the bottom, the ends, and each division. After putting matt board in each pocket, I stitched the top.

It was great to be part of the project, and I have joined for this next year. This time I've thought it through better and factored in how to finish the pieces month by month rather than having this big job at the end.

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Very nice way to display and protect your cards!

zquilts said...

I love how you displayed them !You should feel really proud of them !

Sue B said...

Sandy these look wonderful displayed like this. Great idea!

Doreen G said...

They look fantastic displayed like this Sandy

The Lone Beader said...

Fabulous work! :D

renee said...

What a great way to display your postcards, they all go together beautifully.

Micki said...

These are fantastic. Like how you put them all together.

Homeleightigger said...

Beautiful Sandy - I love your choice of which goes one side and which tother! Lovely idea. Val