Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Altered Book


My altered book had sat around finished except for the cover for way too long. http://intotheblystic.blogspot.com/ has so many wonderful journals with great covers, so she inspired me to finish mine.

First I painted the covers with acrylic, then applied torn pieces of painted tissue. When that was dry, the spine didn't look right, so I covered it with a strip of leather. Using a stencil and molding paste, I made the flowers. When the paste dried, I put green paint on the flowers and rubbed a little bit of gold Treasure Gold on the raised areas.

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

I like what you have done here Sandy especially the flowers

Sue B said...

Love this!

Debbi Baker said...

Sandy - your journal cover is jst beautiful! Such lovely shades of green too.

linda stokes said...

This is great Sandy. I like the way you've done the flowers.