Friday, January 31, 2014
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Monday, January 27, 2014
Friday, January 24, 2014
I made 4 of these bracelets a while back after taking a class at www.craftsy.com on the technique. It was relaxing to do, so I decided to do more and embellish the surface changing things around. This is the first of the new group. The peyote tube is the closure. It fits tightly around the cords, so they can be slid open to put on the bracelet then tightened up. It's good for those who hands don't want to do a traditional clasp.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Monday, January 20, 2014
I decided it was time for a serious design class, so I'm taking the Circles 1 online class from the Gail Harker Creative Studies Center.
There is a ton of information, and I'm just to the parts that explain different media and how to use them but couldn't resist doing a couple of designs that will be facing pages in the sketchbook.
We were to use a square sketchbook which I couldn't find, or we were to make one, but I decided to use one I had and leave the extra space for notes and ideas-never could follow directions.
These pages are done with paste paper I had done ages ago with a friend. I put them through the Xyron to put adhesive on the back, since I'm glue challenged and then use the Big Shot die cutter to cut the circles. Those toys need to be used.
Friday, January 17, 2014
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Monday, January 13, 2014
This year I decided to do buttons. This one is about an inch wide. Working small means less beading but creates it's own challenges.
Friday, January 10, 2014
At Art and Soul last fall, I took a class from Cathy Taylor on using Alcohol inks. She made her pieces into cards. I noticed mine were still sitting on the table and decided to do the same, being sure to keep a piece of each technique for my notebook.
Alcohol is easy and fun to use. These are on Yupo paper, so the ink stays on top.
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Here is the small hanging I did with the stitched pieces from months ago. It seems to take me a while to get back to things-they need to age, so a plan will pop in my brain.
The detail shows the kantha stitching. The background was monoprinted then covered with painted cheesecloth. I cut the flowers and leaves from a piece of lace curtain that I painted. The orange in the border is also stitched with a big quilt stitch. All the thread is hand painted.
Monday, January 6, 2014
I've been busy trying it out and finding what happens when you try different combinations. Some of the fleece was lumpy from being dyed in the microwave with vinegar and food color. Now it's nice.
Now I need to get busy and felt something.
Friday, January 3, 2014
It's big and it's heavy, so it had to be on the studio floor to photograph.